Monday 24 March 2014

The Top 4 Times People Go Off-Plan with Their Nutrition

As much as people can try to follow a healthy diet plan, there are some times where they can go off-course. As a personal trainer in South East London, I have found that there are 4 times my clients are most likely to slip.

In these situations, I offer some key techniques to help my clients stay on track with their nutrition.

When Friends Are Around

If you have friends around, you want to offer snacks and nibbles for them to enjoy. However, if they aren’t also following a nutrition plan, it can be difficult to offer snacks of carrot sticks! As a personal trainer in South London, I offer some trays of nuts to friends, as well as maybe some lentil chips and a healthy hummus dip. I can then stick to my healthy eating plan while they get to enjoy some tasty snacks.

When Alcohol is Involved

I simply recommend that if a client is following a healthy diet plan, that they limit their alcohol intake. The unhealthy eating only seems to come into play after a heavy night of drinking. As a personal trainer in Canary Wharf, I recommend that not only should they stick to just a few alcoholic beverages on a night out, but to have a good meal beforehand, in order to keep cravings at bay.

When Tired

When we are tired, our hormones are imbalanced and this causes us to crave sugary junk foods. I simply insist that all my clients ensure that they get a good night’s sleep. A poor sleep regime will throw your eating plan off course and affect your ability to exercise.

When Staying Up Late at Night

When staying up late at night, we can often get the urge for a “midnight snack”. As a personal trainer in Canary Wharf, I recommend that clients do not eat after 8pm. If you think you feel hungry, get up, have a walk around the house and drink a glass of water. When you sit back down, the notion will have passed! The truth is, often you’re not actually hungry late at night, just bored. Watch out and be prepared for this 4 situations and you'll find it much easier to stick to your healthy eating plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment